1) Jitendra Yadav, Jhansi,UP Question: Booking of land cancelled ,Refund of money paid to Builder Facts: Agreed to sell document signed .Before...
Questions and Answers October 2023
1) Jitendra Yadav, Jhansi,UP
Question: Booking of land cancelled ,Refund of money paid to Builder
Facts: Agreed to sell document signed .Before registration terms were objected to and refused to register. Total money paid Rs 2, 96.000/-in instalments (1000 +99000/on -+96132/-)
Answer: If agreement not signed, no terms agreed .In case agreement as per law is to be necessary to registered, it is considered not signed .In the matter of immovable property, agreement getting registered is mandatory
Law on the point:
How buyer has right to cancel the booking; as per agreement
- Buyer can cancel the booking within the stipulated time frame of one month from the receipt of the Unregistered Agreement for Sale (Plot) dated14/07/2023
- That the agreement between the Promoter and the Allottee becomes
binding only after the Allottee signs and delivers the Agreement along with the necessary schedules and payments within 30 days from the date of receipt
- That Draft agreement is not submitted with allottees appearance for registration before the Sub-Registrar is also an integral part of this process. This process as per clause 20 of draft agreement is not completed ,hence there is no agreement between the parties Reasons quoted
- Promoter has also not taken initiative to get the document registered to make it complete contract ,hence the application of the Allottee shall be treated as cancelled as per draft agreement clause 20 &22
- The sums deposited by the Allottee, including the booking amount, are to be returned without interest or compensation.
Reasons for cancelling the deal: Legal issues
- Not following the mandatory provisions of The Uttar Pradesh Real Estate (Regulation and Development) (Agreement for Sale) Rules, 2018 of RERA Act 2016 and crucial sections such as “21. Entire Agreement” have been omitted.
- Non Encumbrances Certificate and a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from relevant authority not received failing which no bank approves loan
- Land shown mortgaged to HDFC bank and for this reason required permission from bank not on record
- The verbal assurances provided by the Promoter’s representatives, differ significantly from the terms outlined in the Agreement for Sale (Plot). Such as demand for 90%payment without NOC and Non Encumbrances Certificate
Status of Contract
No complete agreement duly registered with sub registrar exists .It is just an offer /proposal but no acceptance to the contractual agreement before the eyes of law .It is a case of given money for the purpose of a contract which is incomplete and receiver of money is under debt to the homebuyer to return the money with interest and compensation for breach of contract leading to misrepresentation to the home buyer and wasting time, energy and other opportunities
2) Shubh Yadav 8726980953
Question: Can I go to High court for execution of consumer court order when appeal to state commission filed by OP?
Facts: Truck on loan, One month instalment not paid .Bank recovered vehicle and sold in auction. TRUCK not transferred as yet to buyer
Filed consumer copmplaint, OP did not appear, ex party order in favour of complainant. Execution stage Now OP goes in appeal. Can I go to HC for execution, let appeal go on in state commission
Answer: After appeal is filed execution shall be stayed .Court may order the lower commission to hear the case on merits and send back to the District commission for trial. High court has no jurisdiction to enter into the matter .In some cases where execution by revenue department is delayed, HC in writ has ordered to speed up execution but not in cases of appeal.
3) Aniket Faridabad Haryana Ph. 8930284670
Question: phone got physically damaged, hence got repaired on my own cost during warranty can I ask for repair even out of warranty status
Now phone not working properly and service centre refused to repair 2-3 times .And now it has gone out of warranty, can I ask for repair even out of warranty status
Answer: Terms of warranty are important to understand .Generally during warranty period if someone other than authorised centre opens or repairs your product ,warranty does not work .But if the service centre has done repair ,you can always ask for repair .In your case product is damaged with your own fault ,there can be a problem .But law is if your complaint has been made during warranty and yet not repaired ,even after warranty lapses ,it is continuing cause of action .
4) Advocate :Raj Jain
Question: Can the LIC policy be questioned under section 45 of Insurance act after revival of policy by paying missed premium?
Facts: Fathers’LIC policy dated28.10.2016.Premium missed Revival on 16.7.2020 after proper health check-up again .Policy holder died on 18.2.2021.Three year period not completed. After revival, heart treatment .Claim rejected for Non-disclosure .Death not due to heart attack
Two questions involved –
- Within three years ,can company cancel the policy ?YES Section 45 (2) A policy can be called in question at any time within three years from the date of commencement of the policy or the date of revival of the policy or from the date of rider of the policy…..
But it should be communicated in writing to insured about the reason and decision and opportunity to explain
- If cause of death is not the non-disclosure of material fact ,in your case heart attack ,you need to specifically disclose with evidence the cause of death and prove facts so not disclosed are not “material’ in your case
5) Abhishek Singh Rathore Pune
Question: Can my vehicle be changed or refund in case of feature missing?
Facts: Purchase of car from Tata Motors May 2023 .In July I realised one feature missing which was mentioned in Brochure (Dual function of DRL with indicator) when contacted showroom, stating this feature is meant for upper model and not in your model other complications also could not be repaired
Answer: If brochure confirms your version, they have to provide you feature if possible to be done .In case it is not possible and you are provided a model which is not having feature as promised, you are entitled to change car or refund.
Other complications if can be repaired, change part, everything must be tried .In case no repair possible in spite of change of parts, vehicle to be changed