Sustainable Healthy Foods for the consumers – Right to choose healthy foods
About the ProjectConsumers have the right to choose healthy foods that are low in salt, sugar and fats through correct information. Front of Pack Labelling (FOPL) is an effective tool which provides consumers information and alerts them about unhealthy ingredients, and helps consumers to choose healthy products. Through this project we are aiming to empower consumers by informing and educating them about Front of Label Packaging (FOPL) as most of the consumers are unaware about food labels. Most consumers are not aware of the presence of salt, sugar, and fats on packaged foods and are therefore unable to make informed choices. Using Front of Pack Lables (FOPL), consumers can make informed and healthy food choices. They can choose foods that are low on fats, sugar and salt.
- To inform and educate consumers about importance of Front Of Pack Labelling (FOPL) and enable them to make informed and healthy choices.
- To sensitize consumers and help them correctly and quickly identify products that contain excessive amount of sugars, fats, and salt.
- To empower consumers and help them distinguish between healthy and unhealthy foods and make the right choice.
- Consumer sensitization through workshops and train the trainer workshops to spread awareness about food labels.
- Media sensitization through regional and online coverages.
- Short videos will help in amplification of messaging on how to choose healthy foods
- Social media campaign through various stakeholders such as consumer organisations, public health experts, nutrionists and research professionals that will help in reaching to consumers and create a buzz
- Development and distribution of IEC materials in different languages so that more consumers can be sensitized .
- Consumers will be sensitized on food lables and how to identify presence of critical nutrients on food packets.
- Consumer workshops and awareness through various digital tools will help reach a greater audience and videos in different languages will help consumers understand the importance of food labels and make healthy and informed choices.
- Consumers will ask for healthier food choices for a better and fitter healthy life
- Consumers can quickly identify foods that are High in Salt, Sugar and Fats and make informed choice.
Consumer VOICE, organized a sensitization workshop on Importance of Food Labeling at Dayanand Secondary School, Vivek Vihar… Read More
Consumer VOICE organised an interactive workshop with the students on 7th November with the support of our Gujarat State Partner… Read More
In collaboration with Consumer VOICE, New Delhi, a sensitization workshop on food labeling was organized on 1st October… Read More
Consumer VOICE, organised a sensitization workshop on Importance of Food Labeling at Bamanpukur Humayun Kabir Mahavidyala Bamanpukur,West Bengal along with state… Read More
To find the greatest deal, shoppers frequently examine the costs of foods in the grocery store. Read More
India faces equally difficult issues with regard to food, nutrition, and health. About 5.87 million of all fatalities worldwide. Read More
Meera and her mother were shopping. She requested her favourite soft drink and snacks. Her mother, however, suggested that she eat something wholesome. Read More
Food label consists of necessary information about the total amount of product contained in a packet, its composition and ingredients. Read More