Internet Safety Campaign Supported by Google India
Today, India is gradually moving to the digital era where most of the transactions are online whether it is e commerce, e-banking or e-ticketing and in all this process Internet plays a very vital role. And to make the most of the web, it’s important to keep yourself safe and secure. To ensure online safety, VOICE took an initiative to organise training National Training of Trainer’s Workshop. The main objective of this Training of Trainer (ToT) workshop was to provide training and information on online Safety tools available and to share knowledge on various online security aspects to recognized social sector organizations who could take the initiative to further promote Internet Safety in their respective states in the year 2016.
The training was provided to 21 recognized social sector organizations representing almost all Indian States as a curtain raiser to promote Internet Safety in their respective states.
To make India digitally safe and raise awareness on internet safety; protect consumer interests on the internet and assess consumer perception on service quality and information provided by various websites used by consumers.
- To make India digitally safe and raise awareness on internet safety
- To protect consumer interests on the internet
- To assess consumer perception on service quality and information provided by various websites used by consumers
Some of the challenges that we faced were:
- Ensuring that we covered all aspects of internet safety and tools for doing the same
- To involve consumers who had access to internet and who were involved in online activities whether for business or leisure
- To encourage maximum participation from all key stakeholders
- Promotional material had to be written in simple and easy to read language
- Internet safety is a humungous subject which could not have been covered, so focus was mainly on important safety issues that common man faces in day to day functions
In the era of e commerce, e bookings and e transactions, there is a growing need for greater awareness on how to make the Internet safe for users given that businesses, parents, children and governments use it to make their lives more comfortable, convenient, meaningful and informed. In order to empower consumers on Internet Safety, a National Training of Trainer workshop was held on 10th February, 2016 to provide training and information on online safety tools and on various online security aspects. The workshop ensured that trainers are trained to further promote Internet Safety in their respective states. Participants included VCOs from different states, Government functionaries from relevant ministries and departments like Consumer Affairs & Civil Society Organizations.
The workshops covered topics on the technical aspects of internet safety, law and academic and consumer perspective. Information about safety campaign and activities to sensitise consumers was published through Consumer VOICE Magazines (English & Hindi), website, Social Media activities including You Tube channel. State Partners engaged the local media and digital media to highlight the Internet Safety Campaign and to create awareness on the same.
The workshops were held across India, the first of the series of State workshops was successfully organised at National Law School of India University on 14th March at the International Training Centre, National Law School of India University, Bengaluru. The other workshops were held in the following cities:
- The workshops were successful in providing information on best practices to stay safe online in the age of internet.
- ToT model also ensured that the trainers carried the model on internet safety to consumers across various states.
- Participants were told about the Importance of using secured network
- Participants were educated on how to avoid online scams and fraudsters.
- Workshops provided training and information on online Safety tools.
Digital Safety for Consumers
Digital Safety for Consumers Today, we are moving to the digital era, government of India now actively pushing for Cashless payment and in all this process Internet plays a very vital role. Internet is used by layman including professionals, students, working or...
VOICE organised National Training of Trainer’s Workshop for the Internet Safety
VOICE organised National Training of Trainer’s Workshop for the Internet Safety VOICE organised National Training of Trainer’s Workshop for the Internet Safety with trainers from Google to provide training and information on online Safety tools available and to share...
A Workshop to release White Papers on the theme: Evolving Behavior of Indian Consumers on Mobile
A Workshop to release White Papers on the theme: Evolving Behavior of Indian Consumers on Mobile Consumer VOICE presented a study report on “Evolving Behavior of Indian Consumers on Mobile” on 8th September, 2016 at Magnolia Hall, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi in...