What’s Bad or Good About Instant Noodles?
If you haven’t been living in a cave since the last few centuries, it is very likely that you have heard of or have experienced eating instant noodles at least once in your lifetime. They are an easy to cook option that can be readied within minutes and tastes good too. In case the recent reports on how instant noodles might have a few harmful ingredients like lead have bothered you, and you want to know why are instant noodles bad or good then you are on the correct webpage. Here we’ll let you know the pros and cons of instant noodles and let you decide whether you want to include them in your menu or not.
THE GOOD SIDE OF INSTANT NOODLES
- The good thing about instant noodles is that they are easy to make. Anyone, even a small kid can make them easily, and they often don’t require more than hot water to be cooked.
- People who are often short on time or travel to faraway places consider instant noodles to be a boon.
- Another good thing about instant noodles is that you can customize it according to your needs, tastes, preferences and health goals. For instance, you can make it tasty and somewhat healthier by adding loads of fresh vegetables to it.
- One more thing that makes instant noodles so popular is that they are an inexpensive food item that most people, even people in a developing country like India can afford.
- They are also low in calories, (188 calories per serving) as compared to most other types of pasta.
- Instant noodles also help people to feel full for longer because of the presence of fiber and hence control their diet and weight.
- They also contain vital micronutrients like folate, B vitamins, iron, and manganese.
THE BAD SIDE OF INSTANT NOODLES
If you are wondering why are instant noodles bad then the answers are mentioned right here:
- A serving of instant noodles has 4 grams of protein and just 1 gram of fiber, so it’s not a health packed food.
- Eating instant noodles might not be a good idea for health-conscious people because it contains monosodium glutamate (MSG), a food additive associated with weight gain, brain health issues, headaches, nausea, and high blood pressure.
- If you consume instant noodles regularly, your diet quality will be considered poor because it has low levels of protein, vitamin C, calcium, iron, vitamin A, niacin, and phosphorus.
- Eating instant noodles might make you vulnerable to metabolic syndrome, a condition that increases your chances of health ailments or diabetes.
- Studies have also associated intake of instant noodles with a sedentary lifestyle, obesity, and sugar-laden beverages.
- A serving of instant noodles has 861 mg of sodium which is too high for many people, especially people who have high blood pressure or are salt sensitive.
In essence, it can be said that eating instant noodles occasionally is not bad and while doing so, you should pick the options that are made from whole grains, have low sodium and have more fiber content. You should also add a good source of protein like chicken or eggs or paneer along with vegetables to the noodles to make it healthier. Consider them to be a diet indulgence, not an essential part of your diet and stick to a healthy diet if you want to indulge in instant noodles occasionally.
Why you should go for a bike insuranceResearch says, India witnesses over five lakh road accidents annually with most of the incidents involve...
Many people opt for different financial policies and covers to guard against difficult times. Among the myriad choices, we have personal accident...
Have you heard of pet insurance in India? If not, there here is some good news for all pet lovers in India. Pet insurance, which is already a...