Advantages of Inverter AC
- About 30 per cent to 50 per cent cheaper to run as it consumes less power compared to a conventional AC
- No voltage fluctuation caused by compressor
- Maintains constant room temperature
- Efficient cooling and heating
- Can be run on solar panels
- Apart from savings in monthly electricity bill, there is huge savings on fuel if run on backup generator
- The additional price paid for an inverter AC gets recovered in electricity bills within a few months
- Environment-friendly due to the use of better refrigerants
- Safe for household wiring due to lower power consumption
- Suitable for large and small rooms
Although an air conditioner with inverter technology adjusts its capacity based on the room requirement, it is very important to install a right-sized air conditioner in a room. Make sure that you assess the room size and the AC capacity before going ahead with the Purchase. Check other points listed in the Air Conditioner Buying Guide to help you make the right choice.
Disadvantages of Inverter AC
- If room is not insulated, power consumption increases and so does the electricity bill
- Efficiency decreases at noon if weather is extremely hot (over 45 degrees C)
- Relatively expensive repair and maintenance due to the expensive service support and the components used
- Models too powerful for the room size may run frequent short cycles to achieve the target temperature. This can result in the room getting too cold or too hot; inadequate dehumidification (that is, not drying the air enough, making the room feel less comfortable); increased power usage and running costs; and wear and tear on the system
- Underpowered models may have to run more often at maximum output and dry the air too much
Different brands with varied models and differences mainly in aesthetics, design, appearance, colour, shape and size etc jumbles up the selection process. However, all who wonder...
Inverter technology-based air conditioners stack up well against the non-inverter one as it saves energy in doing away the need to start and stop constantly. This kind of ACs...
The inverter technology (or DC inverter) is the latest evolution of technology concerning the electromotor of compressors. An inverter is used to control the speed of the...