UN Road Safety Week (15th -21st May 2023) – Rallies by School Students in Guwahati, Assam
Students’ community across Assam appealed to authorities for safer roads so that they can cycle, walk safely to schools during UN Road Safety Week (15th -21st May 2023).
Assam Road Safety 3Assam Road Safety
The rallies involving students from schools of Guwahati were organized as a part of observing the UN Global Road Safety Week. Students of Tarini Choudhury Govt. Girls H.S. & M.P. School Guwahati on 18th May and Satgaon High School Guwahati on 19th May took part in the events. More than 400 students took part in the rallies organised and appealed to ensure the safety of children on roads near schools in Guwahati. Consumers’ Legal Protection Forum, Assam (CLPF) in association with Consumer Voice, New Delhi & Seuj Asom organized the events.
The students displayed placards with slogans ‘Slow down near Schools’, Your Speed Matters, Slow Down for School Zones’, Protect Our Future: Slow down for our Kids’, ‘Drive Responsibly, Slow down near Schools’ etc. A memorandum supported by students was also submitted to the transportation minister Parimal Suklyabaidya.
- Students appeal for ‘Safer Roads for School Children’
- World Road Safety Week- Students appeal for safer roads to the Govt
- Students demand safer roads with placards
- With placards in hands, students demand for safer roads
- Students demand safe roads near Guwahati schools, submit memo to minister
- School Children Seek Measures on Road Safety from Parimal Suklyabaidya